A commitment to our community is an essential aspect of our operations. By sponsoring various events, hosting community oriented activities and donating time to assist other non-profits we look to continue expanding our collaborations with other local businesses and organizations. The Scranton School for Deaf & Hard of Hearing Children is proud to continue offering American Sign Language (ASL) I and II courses at our South Abington Township campus.
- ASL I students will develop basic finger spelling, vocabulary and grammar skills.
- ASL II students will continue to work on skills learned in ASL 1, while progressing into conversation skills.
- Each class will learn about deaf culture and learn new ways to interact with deaf and hard of hearing individuals and their respective communities.
Fall 2016 Session – American Sign Language classes.
- The Scranton School campus – September 14th to October 19th – 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Wilkes-Barre location – September 13th to October 18th – 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Cost for each class – $65
For more information or to sign up please contact: