Monday, April 24, 2017
Community ASL Classes will begin in May! Register today!
A commitment to our community is an essential aspect of our School. By sponsoring various events, hosting community oriented activities and donating time to assist other non-profits, we look to expand our collaborations with other local businesses and organizations.
The Scranton School for Deaf & Hard of Hearing Children is proud to continue offering American Sign Language (ASL) I, II and III courses at our South Abington Township campus and in Wilkes Barre.
- ASL I students will develop basic finger spelling, vocabulary and grammar skills.
- ASL II students will continue to work on skills learned in ASL 1, while progressing into conversation skills.
- ASL III – This class will provide an evaluation of each student’s communication skills, and focus on individual needs. Attention to advanced grammar and signs will be emphasized and will include dialogues that involve asking, empathizing, negotiation, agreeing and disagreeing.Each class will learn about deaf culture and learn new ways to interact with deaf and hard of hearing individuals and their respective communities.
Spring 2017 Session – American Sign Language classes.
- The Scranton School campus – May 3 to June 7 – 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- ASL 1, ASL 2, and ASL 3 will be offered at The Scranton School – 537 Venard Road, Clarks Summit, PA
- Wilkes-Barre location – May 4 to June 8 – 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- ASL 1 and ASL 2 will be offered at the John Heinz Institute – 150 Mundy Street, Wilkes Barre, PA
Cost for each class – $65.00
Register today for the class and location that interests you. We look forward to seeing you in class this spring!
Have questions or need more information, please contact: